Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Path

Woodland path, Wegerzyn gardens.


There is something about a beckoning path; One that you can't quite make out where it will lead.
Whether it is a gentle path beneath the trees, wildflowers growing by its side, birds singing overhead, a chipmunk scurrying across your path. Or...




Path to the Federal Garden, Wegerzyn.

a formal brick pathway that curves round to pass beneath an arbor that promises a neat and ordered space with box hedges and iron benches on which to sit and meditate. A well balanced
design, everything in its place and manicured. Or...



Path up from Charleston Falls.


perhaps you will meet with a steep, dirt path where you have to watch each foot fall because of the thick roots and rocks that jut out from the ground. The path sometimes narrow and becomes slippery from  previous nights rain fall. It can be a hard climb. Or...







sometimes unexpectedly you are faced with a choice and you stand in the circle of your power and contemplate the path ahead; one appears to have been favored by many before you  and the other a path less traveled. Not many have passed that way. What do you do? Which path beckons?






Each of us alone can answer that question but for myself I usually take the infamous "road less traveled". I enjoy the unexpected twists and turns, the places I have seen and the different people I have met. In the end there are really no such things as road blocks, yes perhaps detours, but in the end you find a way or make a decision to try another path. What did I find? Beauty, life, my Self... and






ultimately, I discovered that all paths lead back to my own heart.
Each journey I carry there still.

No comments:

Post a Comment